Sunday, May 27, 2012

A Whole New World


WOW!
All I can say is that no matter how much I write in this blog, or how many pictures I post, I will never be able to truly express all that I see and do. As I'm sitting here, in our hostel with the window open, I'm listening to a spiritual celebration/festival down the block which we actually were able to sit in on (post to come soon)! It is surreal! It still hits me at times that I am actually in India, halfway across the world. I am so incredibly thankful for this opportunity and I plan to live it up to the fullest. Everything I have seen so far is incredible, in both the good and the bad.

Traveling is the greatest aphrodisiac. All self-consciousness and fear go out the door, and you're left with nothing but a desire to truly live and enjoy the moment. It amazes me how much I have done and seen in the past two days and only fuels my excitement for what is to come!

My traveling buddy Hannah and I travelled from LAX to London and London to Delhi together. I'll tell you one thing, flying 20+ hour flights creates quick friendships! We arrived in London about 4 pm with a six hour layover. Not knowing if we had enough time, or really where we were going, we headed out of the airport with insanely priced express train tickets and explored Padington square. After grabbing a quick British meal we headed back to the airport to depart for Delhi.

Upon arrival in New Delhi, we hooked up with another American student we met on the plane to make our way to the hostel. Smell, sound, and color bombarded our senses as soon as we set foot outside of the airport. Our rickshaw driver curved, swerved, and honked as we eventually located the hostel and dropped our bags to explore. 

We ate dinner at a rooftop restaurant only a couple blocks from the hostel where we could gaze down upon all the activity of the bazaar below us. Our days have been filled with spontaneous adventures, and I fear that time is only moving too fast! 


So, what you're really waiting for....PICTURES!




We had a six hour layover in London. Everyone said that wasn't much time but we headed out of the airport and wandered down around Paddington Square. 
Our traditional British meal of fish and chips, pale ale, and watching a cricket match! 
I literally felt like I was traveling to Hogwarts 
Train Station! 
Arriving in New Delhi and our very first rickshaw ride! 
First rickshaw! 
This is the main street, our hostel is down one of the small alleyways. 
New Delhi during sunset!
The view onto the bazaar from the rooftop restaurant we ate at.
Our first true Indian meal in India, Chicken Korma and Naan. No Delhi belly yet (fingers crossed!)
5:30 am jetlag walkup time. Our beautiful hostel uploading photos and gazing down at the almost eerie peacefulness that envelopes Delhi in the morning, such a contrast to the constant horn honking.
Our Bathroom

Well...that is all the pics this wifi can handle for now, but there are many more to come!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment