Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

"All I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother."

Divine words from Abraham Lincoln. 
My mother is truly saintlike in her actions; always giving so much of herself to others. I only hope that someday I can be as great of a mother and as great of a person as she!


Besides celebrating my mom's greatness, today was also a day of finding hidden treasures. We attended a mother's day brunch at my grandparents today and what do you know, she happened to have a genuine Indian silk sari! 

She received it as a gift from an Indian friend of my grandfather's while he was in the navy. These are pics of her wearing it in 1975. (loving the cat-eye glasses!)

 with my grandfather...

And here are my grandmother and I today, 2012. 
(though any true Indian would probably cringe at my wrapping job!)



No comments:

Post a Comment