Sunday, February 15, 2015

6 Months In

It’s a bit crazy that 6 months have already passed here in Hotswana (not a spelling mistake). That’s half a year people! I’ve graduated from a Botswana baby to a teedling toddler averse in Setswana, cultural norms, and bucket baths. Though still a bit unsteady on my feet, things are starting to pick up. If you are a regular of my blog you know that I just spent the last two weeks of January in the capital city gorging myself on food, chillin’ in aircon, and drowning in hot showers along with venting, sharing, and celebrating with my fellow Bots 15’s. The real purpose of us coming all together, besides mental breaks from village life, was for in-service training (IST) where we learned technical skills applicable to our sites and preparing us to start projects. Some training was useful, some, not so much but any excuse to enjoy buffets and AC is positive in my book! I can’t say that my return to my village felt like “coming home,” but it was nice to know that people noticed I was gone and are happy to see me back. My clinic is keeping me busy with a variety of miscellaneous projects at the moment and things are looking promising for some activities in the near future.


For now, enjoy this guest post from a fellow Bots 15 on my favorite part of training, The Kings Foundation!

https://thelifeserendipitous.wordpress.com/2015/01/26/playtime/

Learning one of the Kings Foundation games

These huge red back packs contain all sorts of sports e

Enjoying some much desired Mexican food!

Reunited with my Bots 15s



No comments:

Post a Comment